Sunday, July 11, 2004

deseretnews.com | A Sabbath stand: "'I appreciate all the hard work they've done for Jeremy Ranch, giving up their course, and appreciate the way they handled this. I'm fine with the decision.'
He said he isn't planning on being a professional golfer and competing on Sunday like his father and numerous other LDS athletes do.
'I'm going to do something in the golfing profession, but I hope I won't have to work on Sunday,' he said.
As for next year, Miller isn't sure whether he will enter the State Amateur and he may not have a chance to anyway, according to Watts.
'We will be considering changes in our entry form for players to declare in advance if they're not going to play until the end of the tournament,' said Watts. 'We don't want them taking other people's places.
'We have people working hard to get in this tournament; they deserve a chance if someone isn't really here to win it.'"

No comments: