Tuesday, February 22, 2005

NetStumbler.org WiFi Forums - Jornada 540 - Any thoughts?: "Okay... its not the best setup, but I finally got my PDA setup working. Its a Jornada 540 (dinky!) with a Semsons & Co PcCard-to-CF TypeI convertor and an OEM Style 3.3v Orinoco Silver with the INTERMEC Modification to 128bit WEP.

Note: I havent tested the 128bit in the PDA... not sure if it even matters...

Mainly I am just simply amazed that the damn thing actually works... my linksys prism and Orinoco Gold are both 5.5v which wouldnt work at all. The only bad part is that I have to use and ext antenna... which is actually better because then I can position it better and even use a directional yagi or something...

now I just need to package the wifi card/adaptor/ ext ant so it isnt so damn gawky!"

No comments: