Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Teacher has ADD

The Teacher has ADD: "Dear Parents:

I am very pleased to be your child's teacher this year and look forward to working with both you and your student. Before beginning the year however, I wanted to give you some information that might help us both during the coming months. I am sure you are familiar with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). Many students today have to deal with this difficult disorder. I am very able to empathize with them, because I too suffer from ADD. Because of this, I hope you will be willing to make certain accommodations that will help me to be successful.

Please consider the following accommodations:

(1) When you write notes to me, consider using various colored markers to write your message. These help me to focus my attention. Do not expect weekly progress reports on our child. Such reports require organizational skills that are beyond the ability of ADD subjects."

No comments: