Tuesday, March 02, 2004

New Scientist: "Do you do any special training to keep your nose in shape?




I don't have any nose exercises or anything like that. It's all raw talent. I try to stay away from some of the stinky odours. I've got four grandchildren and when my wife's changing their diapers I try to stay far enough away from her to avoid the smell, because I try not to shock my nose.



What kind of things do you smell?




Anything that goes inside the capsule. We do things like paints, magic markers, ink, fabrics, epoxies. We've done circuit boards, wires, socks, tennis shoes, shaving cream. We used to do a lot of female products. We did deodorised and non-deodorised tampons. We also did adult diapers. The astronauts wear diapers when they are out doing their space walks and that type of thing. We did a guitar and a case. We did toy animals like Chuckie Bear and Barney."

No comments: