Monday, March 28, 2005

Guardian Unlimited | Arts special reports | Inteview: Simon Hattenston talks to Robert Crumb: "He asks me questions about my state of mind and well-being. 'I would strongly recommend meditation,' he says in a jokey, Indian guru accent. But he means it. He sees things so much more clearly these days. He knows that he wouldn't have been able to create the work he has done without the drugs, but he says he is still suffering the consequences. 'I know when I meditate I'm still dealing with the effect of the drugs. Kids play around with them without realising they have serious effects that you have to deal with for the rest of your life. They think it's casual, recreational. And we have this wonderful gift to be aware, to analyse, to perceive, to remember, and we just fuck with all that ...'"

No comments: