Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Pencil in Japan: "A word on Sharps (mechanical pencils)
Japan has been the most innovative when it comes to the mechanical pencil. You do not have to go to Tokyo to find out. KSG Stationery in San Francisco's Japantown imports the mechanical pencils sold only in Japan. The designs are a work of art. They are normally white, pink, light-blue and green with wire clips and sometimes a bellows around the push-button. I'll admit they appear to be for school use and are shorter than what is normally sold in the US. I recommend a visit to KSG if you ever find yourself in San Francisco. Oh yes, you might also want to check out the Cable Cars and the Golden Gate Bridge if you have any time left over :)

Address:
Kinokuniya Stationery and Gifts,
Kinokuniya Building, Second Floor
1581 Webster Street,
San Francisco, California
(415) 567-8901

Conclusion: I hope you found this article useful. I realize that there are things missing such as company addresses, histories, or other information that I did not think to include. It would take more time and research, and rather than procrastinate, and let this die...I have decided to release a first version and hope to add information as I find time.
Gene--"

No comments: