Saturday, January 24, 2004

MacDevCenter.com: Installing a Wiki on Your iBook [Jun. 05, 2003]: "Installing a Wiki on Your iBook
by Giles Turnbull
06/05/2003
The following conversation between Mac DevCenter writer Giles Turnbull and software developer Matt Hunt (a FreeBSD fan who's very happy with the way Mac OS X turned out) walks you through a Wiki installation on Mac OS X. It's really easy to follow, and we hope you'll give it whirl.

Giles: Hi, Matt. I've been researching how to install a Wiki on my iBook. I thought there'd be a bunch of how-to documents online somewhere, but I searched all over the place and came up with not much. Could you help me out?
Matt: Yeah OK. Had you thought about which one you'd like to install? There are literally several to choose from.
Giles: Well, I've used PHPwiki before and I quite liked it. Plus the documentation says that installation is a snap.
Matt: The documentation would say that, but it is worth trying out. The first step is to download the source package. The latest source download is probably the best thing to get.
Giles: OK, I've got that, what's next?"

No comments: