Friday, March 14, 2008

Big O (Ftrain.com)

Big O (Ftrain.com): "What scientists saved programmers squander. It must be disappointing to spend your college years cultivating a ponytail and a sense of superiority, discovering the inherent recursive nature of everything, only to wander into a cubicle farm where programmers like myself sit like veal calves, fattened on the candy-colored syntax served up by our platform IDEs, iteratively wasting what you've learned to prize. It must sting to see us burn tons of coal for a single cup of coffee. It stings me in a different way, because I've started to run into programming problems at work that can't be solved just by burning more coal. I've been moving mustard seeds of data with mountain-sized frameworks, and have hit limits personal and processorial. This must be why the puzzle calls to me."

No comments: